Yea, we all do it. So cut the crap. The challenge is how to do it right.
Drink-driving is LEGAL. U can even drink while driving. It’s only illegal if ur over the limit. So don’t get conned by d damn cops.
The BAC (blood alcohol content) limit in Malaysia is 0.08%. Anything below is fine.
If u hit 1%, ur dead.
U can achieve 0.08% if u have three quick drinks, but there’re many variables like body mass, sex, stomach contents. Also, alcohol takes longer to leave the body of some Asians who have alcohol flush reaction, also known as the lobster-face syndrome!
As described above, u can only get intoxicated if u consume more than one drink an hour, coz dats d speed that your body metabolizes alcohol (ie, sobers you up). If u wanna ace a breathalyzer, remember that.
What’s one ‘standard drink’? It’s one portion, ie, a mug of beer (355ml), a shot of whisky (30-45ml), a glass of wine (150ml), etc. (One drink must contain 15ml of ethanol / pure alcohol.) For drink measurements, refer here.
Here are some tips to drive after drinkin:
1. Drive slow
2. Don’t drive. Sleep it off in your car if its parked in a safe spot
3. Ditch d wheels n pick it up tomw. Go back with a friend or a cab
4. If u gonna drive, one good technique is not shifting higher than gear 3. (Or 2 if ur wasted.) U’ll have better control over d car, n d speed is mechanically limited by the engine. I’d highly recommend this technique, coz it works. But u gotta resist the temptation to shift up. Both hands on d wheel!
5. If ur stopped by cops n blow into a breathalyzer, n score below 80, don’t let them shit u. U passed d test. Unless they place u under arrest for some other reason, u can leave. Read more in my post here.
6. If u gonna drink while driving, utilize one of these, for a hands-free session. Sure helps
Its the peak of the Party Season 2011 yall.
Merry Christmas! Enjoy your holidays n drive safe!